[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX - XML Gauges

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 02:55:41 +0100

Having not seen this tool I can only guess as to what it is trying to do.
With FS2004 you write the XML code in Notepad and then bang this file, plus
the bitmaps, into a CAB file using VCAB.exe. By the sound of it ACE.exe
appears to be doing all this in one operation.

All I can tell you is that your old FS2004 XML files and bitmaps still work
in FSX. In FS2004 you could keep all these files "loose" i.e. not wrap them
up in a CAB, and they would still work. I've not tested this in FSX so I
can't say whether the CAB route is now mandatory or not.