[jhb_airlines] FSX XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 03:56:59 EST

I've just come across what I think must be a limitation in the XML  language,
or at least in its FSX implementation.

Take the simple example of a switch -

I am allowed to use Select - Case for a text box or an image, so I can  do
something like -
Select case expression (Switch, Bool)
 Case 0 - Display Off Switch
 Case 1 - Display On Switch

However, when it comes to mouse functions, I can't use the select case
function, so instead of putting the mouse action within the Select Case block
as
above (which I think is the logical place for it), to toggle the switch I have
set the mouse action script to something like -
If (Switch is off) then (Set switch to on) else (Set switch to off)

Not so bad if you only need one level of detection and action, but gets  much
more complex if you are trying to do something more complicated, like  detect
other settings and take alternative actions dependant on those. I guess  what
I need is an XML script compiler!

Frank T.