[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 03:47:00 EST

In a message dated 30/10/2006 01:33:42 GMT Standard Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

It won't be long before some genius turns  Ace into the tool it should have
been. Syntax trapping, test output readout  and a full help system for the
variables.

A help system for the program would be nice. For example, while developing
and testing, you don't always create elements in the logical order that they
need to finish in. As far as I've found to date, the ACE tool only lets me
insert a new element on the end of the gauge module. I can't believe its not
possible to insert where you need to, but its not apparent how you do  this.

There's another feature marked as I recall 'Control Palette', I'm sure I
could use this, but again no help. If you do the examples given in the tutorial

no reference is made to either element insertion in the body of the module or
this 'Control Palette'. The tutorial is the only ACE help you get, unless its
 buried somewhere I haven't looked of course!

Frank T.