[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX - XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:04:17 EDT

In a message dated 19/10/2006 18:56:50 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

NAV1 should be easy enough but don't  forget to add code that creates dashes
on the display to show when  the unit is on but not receiving a valid signal.
Something like the string  below which gives distance and frequency:

<String>%((A:NAV1 SIGNAL,  bool))%{if}%((A:NAV1 DME, nmiles))%!03.1f!
%((A:NAV1 ACTIVE  FREQUENCY,MHz))%!03.2f!%{else}--- -----%</String>

For NAV1 ident don't forget that you have  to be careful not to use the code
for aural ident rather than the station  morse ID.

bones

Bones,

I did these as separate gauges before, as I recall my code gave me blanks
when out of range so I guess FS set that up for me as I didn't try to account
for it. I did IF THEN ELSE in Basic but in Reverse Polish its something else,
if  you'll pardon the pun!

My next task is to make a two element gauge that works!

Frank T.