[jhb_airlines] FSX - XML Gauges

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:19:59 EDT

I don't know if anyone else has ventured into the Panels and Gauges  SDK, but
there's a few things to be aware of.

(a) The provided ACE.EXE tool doesn't read my existing XML source code.  This
is probably no bad thing, as I've been forced to try to create a new gauge
from scratch, which has taught me a few things about ACE, rather than bodging
existing code.

(b) The way ACE works is that you create a new project, then you create a
gauge object as a single child of the project, and the gauge has a number of
child objects, e.g. for .bmp files, for text elements used as labels and also
evaluated objects, e.g. derived from the A variables list.

(c) Don't expect to master the process in five minutes, the SDK is quite
comprehensive and has lots to read.

(d) I haven't managed to get my gauge working yet, so I can't tell you if  it
will work in both FSX and FS2004.

My brain is worn out tonight, I'll resume gauge debugging on Thursday,
tomorrow I think we are flying in Eire.

Frank T.