[jhb_airlines] FSX Third Party Aircraft

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:23:12 +0000

I've just tried the first FSX third part aircraft that I've downloaded. It's the Lancair.
I know it's what I understand is a hot ship but can't believe the real thing is remotely like this. It does however expose the problem of FSX's lack of Eyepoint control, in 2D panel. At a final speed below 100kias, difficult to hold even with full flap and airbrakes deployed, the AOA is so high the runway is difficult to watch; and that's just using Minipan. With the full panel in use it's difficult even to see the field!
What baffles me is that the Eyepoint movement, in 2D panel, works on the ground but not in the air. How do they do that. It must surely provide hope that there's a way round the problem.