[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Slideshow

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:41:55 +0000

It strikes me there is another possibility why it happens, not related to duff effects files. If an IVAO aircraft is seen to land at your airfield and you and its pilot are using different versions of the airfield's scenery, then the runway heights may not necessarily be identical. This can cause either an apparently heavy landing or subsequent bumping, whilst the aircraft is parked. Since the Touchdown texture is triggered by contact with the ground, it's possible that bouncing will cause repeated effect appearance.

Do you get the effect when a JHB IVAO C550 lands at Tony Meredith's Ronaldsway, which I imagine all of our group use?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
Look in the IVAO MTL folder and then the C550 folder. Open its Aircraft.cfg file and go to [EFFECTS].

I'd guess that the effect causing it is the Touchdown. The easy way is to edit each of the five effect lines so that, for example, the line touchdown=fx_tchdwn reads touchdown=//fx_tchdwn Adding the // will stop it looking for the correct effect. If you edit each of the five effect lines in the same way, then the C550 won't find the dodgy one in your effects folder, if it is that.

Next time you see anyone's C550 land there shoud be no visual effects displayed,

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:
It's identified as a C550 in the flightplan, so whatever it is must be in the file for the C550, or called up by it.

F FISHER wrote:
Gerry

I can only think that it is something in the Effects folder, this is the only folder that I have added to. This could be a throwback to some addon aircraft that have been removed, and very few at that. I mainly use the default. Some addons come with effects.

But which one is the culprit, because I see it only with your C550. And it would require time and co-operation from you to find it.

One question, which MTL are you using. I have them all loaded.