[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Scenery Mystery

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:02:41 -0000

If the gauges are the old GAU type then I thought these were not supported
in FSX. I know that XML gauges don't have to be zipped up in a CAB file but
this helps - otherwise you just get a load of XML and BMP files in the panel
folder with no idea which bitmap relates to which gauge.

The Airbus EHSI may very well be in a CAB and a quick check in Explorer
should show you the contents of each CAB file - or simply look at the gauge
listing in the panel.cfg file. If you do the latter the cab and gauge names
are separated by a ! so banana!marmite indicates an XML file called
marmite.XML within the banana.cab file.