[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX SP2

  • From: Chris Prophet <chrism.prophet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:10:18 +0000 (GMT)

well if u look somewhere like dell tehn you will be looking at Crazy figures,
id say these days i could bang a decent machine together for around 500 550 id
have to have a look possibly less than that

Peter Dodds <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Thanks folks.  One for the PC after
next, methinks.
What (in ballpark figures) should I pay to have a PC built to, say,
Paul's spec, and by whom? I have 7 PCs in this house, which is daft, so
I'm thinking of selling 3 of them and invest the money in an FS dedicated
machine that will load FS9 in less than 10 minutes and run FSX at more
than 14-15 fps, with a drive big enough to hold all the scenery and
addons and still be only half full, plus a second HD for linux.