[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX SP2

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:43:27 -0000

Apart from the extra aircraft (P-51 Mustang, F/A 18 Hornet,Westland EH101)
it included the SP2 patch for both DX10 and DX9.

Otherwise it simply adds in an number of missions to make use of the new
aircraft.  The only reason I installed it was I was given it and wanted to
give it a try.  At first I had problems when I installed while my machine
was mid-defrag. That caused a registry error which I only recovered from by
formatting out the drive then having to re-install everything else, even
those progs. On other drives because the registry entries were missing.

In the end that meant I had the ideal situation of a clean FSX install with
which to add the Acceleration pack.  That done, I've not tinkered with it
except to try Gerrys' farm strips which have a problem with some trees not
handling the transparancy properly.  That's a nuisance but since I've been
doing any farm strip / online flying in FS9 it's something I can live with.

Even though it's running well, I have to admit to using it very little.  I'm
hoping to get the Horizon scenery for Xmas , otherwise I'll get it myself in
January.  Then I may us it more.