[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Official Add-On Acceleration

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 18:07:31 +0000

Mike,

So, please, having read the postings on that link, correct me if I've read it or interpretted it incorrectly..

I'm using SP1 and DX9 with XP and getting acceptable results. My framerates with Default scenery are always above 25 fps, though I get lower figures at some addon airfields. If I install SP2, when it arrives, then I can look forward to Fatal Errors, some aircraft textures not working and a fall off in visual appearance, with lower framerates.

Or is it only those with Vista, who install the DirectX X Preview who will obtain these benefits?

Gerry Winskill

Mike Brook wrote:

The specific relevant page is (beware in case of wrapping!):

http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007/10/26/3-transparency-fixes-
for-issues-with-older-content-in.aspx

Good pointer, Paul.  I'm planning to replace my 5+ year-old 2.0 GHz
and 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4 machines with something a tad more up to date
shortly. Maybe then I'll be able to check out FSX ...<g>

M.