[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Official Add-On Acceleration

  • From: "Mike Brook" <mike.brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:06:21 -0000

> Remember when 4Mb RAM cost 120 quid? <g>
>
> bones

Gawd, do I just.  It is important to note that we are talking about 4
MEGABYTES and NOT 4 GIGABYTES (that would have been about GBP120,000
<g>).  Loadsa money in the aerospace industry in those days, post the
R-R 1973 debacle and at about the time that R-R returned to the
private sector and started to establish itself as a real player in the
aircraft engine market.  Just think what GBP8000 (that my company paid
for that Compaq386 in 1986) would buy today (never mind inflation!).

What ever is it all going to be like in ten years time?

Apologies for all this nostalgia ...

M.