[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Official Add-On Acceleration

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:36:08 +0000

My first flight simulator, picked up from I know not where, was written in basic. ASs I recall it had no graphics, just text figures for altitude, speed, heading etc. It was definitely better to travel, 'cos there was nowhere to arrive at!

I think that was around 1978.

Gerry Winskill

bones wrote:

I think I still have a copy of DR-DOS somewhere.. I definitely have DOS5.1
on three floppies..

Like you my first PC was a direct result of us getting Compaq 386's at work.
After hacking the system and installing FS4 on it <g> a purchase was
inevitable but by the time I could afford one things had moved on. My first
PC was a 486 DX4/100 from Dan Computers (I wonder what happened to them?)
and it turned out to be the only PC I ever bought. Subsequent upgrades
evolved into rebuilds and I'm still doing that now.

Remember when 4Mb RAM cost 120 quid? <g>