[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX - More Expense

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:39:04 +0100

Peter,

I've been using FSX for a good 2 hours now (bugger all in the big scheme of things) but I'm slowly getting used to it. Sure, the A321 rockets off the runway and will hit 340kts IAS with the gear and flaps down at full throttle before you are over the other end and I'm getting no more than 11fps on the ground at EGLL with the default settings...

BUT I really do get the feeling that what we have here is an incredibly powerful platform to build on. Out of the box for the "hardcore" such as the people on this group it really is no good at all bar some practice for instrument navigation (which it does seem to have improved on) but give it 8 - 18 months and I think it will be a true gem!

A few hours with a copy of FSX and an  open mind and I'm sure everyone will agree.

Alex

Peter Dodds wrote:
Collected a copy from Game this morning.  Either the last "de-luxe" version on the shelves after a
rush, or it is a non-event in the gaming world and they only ordered a few.  there were about 10 of
the standard version.  Currys next door had one deluxe and no standard, din't wander down to HMV to
check.  With the mass gaming world largely foresaking the PC these days, I wonder if FS will
continue as a mass market product for many more versions.  After all, we put an 'X' at the end of
abandoned runways!

Mind you, it is about double the price of most "Chart" games