[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Info from ACES

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 09:04:01 +0000

I'm almost relieved, if I read it correctly, to find that they don't seem to be promising any significant advantages from future use of Vista? Promises of reduced performance seem to be in there, somewhere.

What is a bit of a cheek is the line that you shouldn't expect it to do what it says on the tin. Followed by an inference that the advance blurb shots, the ones that whetted our appetites, owed more to graphic creation than actual FSX performance.

So, nothing new and we've been here before.

The only encouraging thing in the bits I understood was the indication that, despite not being designed to use multicore, it doe use up to 20% of the second core. At least that explains why mine runs faster on one machine than on the other.

Gerry Winskill

Kev Townsend wrote:

Anyone persevering with FSX may be interested in this recent blog from Phil Taylor.

Phil is the Senior PM at ACES studio, responsible for Graphics and Terrain. He outlines the future for FSX and some reasoning regarding the product to date. This includes 2 updates MS plan for next year.

It gets a little techie but worth reading...

<http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx>

Kev T