[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Horizon Scenery

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:05:56 +0000

Thanks for that Kev,

I have ALWAYS hated ALL photo scenery without exception as it just looks too flat on departure and landing, from 3k feet it looks great, soon as you get down low it makes the airports stick out like a cartoon thumb which just ruins the effect.

However those shots look amazing, I may have to invest. Just a few questions:

Is there any way of getting rid of the water on photo scenery? for example changing the water back to the rather fancy reflective default FSX textures. As most of the VFR flying I do in the UK these days seems to have floats bolted on flying from farmstrip to lake.

All the best,

Alex

Kev Townsend wrote:
There are some great side by side screenshots / real life of the scenery here

<http://www.visualflight.co.uk/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6321>

Kev T