[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Horizon Scenery

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:37:19 -0000

Alex

I admit that FSX has it's plus points.

But considering the time and money spent by MS over the years, you would have
thought, that they would have had a complete and accurate map of the world by
now.

Instead, they are still relying, on us oiks, to sort it out for them, after the
release.

Yes, they have had to contend, with the rapid change in hardware over the last
year, but with their resources, it should not  bother them.

As to what they develop their software on, I understand they use computer
farms,  i.e., hundreds of linked computers, either that, or Crays.

Let us know how you get on!

But I am still not convinced. I am sticking to FS9 for now.

Anyway, pulled out an old 20gb drive from my spare machine, to replace the
knackered 40gb,and am setting up again(I will image it, to put onto a new drive
when I get it).

Might even get airborne this afternoon, if I can be released from Christmas
present wrapping.