[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX, GoFlight and FSUIPC

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 09:52:34 +0000

Success!
The FSUIPC manual mentions a file, GFDev.dll. It advises placing a copy in the Modules folder, that will have been created by the FSUIPC install routine; Default FSX not having a module. A search failed to find this file on my system. With yet another GFConfig removal and reinstall, there it was. Copy placed as advised and all now seems to be working, thogh the earlier problem with the ADF adjust seems still to be there. Also the fact that the XPNDR now has the left hand knob adjusting the first two digits and right hand the third and fourth.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Having got rid of the latest version of FSConfig, and got the PC back to what appeared normal, I pressed on again. I think the problem was probably triggered because the new version, unlike previous versions, doesn't replace but adds itself in parallel. When I came to remove it, via Control Panel, both versions were present. With just the new version re installed I was able to use it to config my FS9. It also worked OK. In the case of FSX, it was clearly not in contact. In view of the error message about Module Bridge, which a Search failed to turn up, I did first an FSX repair, then removed and reinstalled it. Still no contact between Goflight anFSX. During FSX bootup no lights flicker.

Waking up this morning I had an idea; much less interesting than those I had when younger, but I digress. FS9 and FSX use different versions of FSUIPC. Is it likely that, as with many other addons, FSUIPC is the access link it uses? If so, then the reference to Module Bridge could have emanated from FSUIPC? One step further and an uninstall of FSUIPC, then reinstall, might do the trick.

Whilst on GoFlight, my FS9 gets the correct reaction from dialing in an ADF frequency, via the GF45. From then on, some stations, like EGNS's 359.0 are picked up. Those from other stations are sometimes not. Could it be that FS9 is not, as freshly installed, reacting to a decimal place. I can't recall how to set this up in FS9; any suggestions please?