[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Garmin

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 19:45:05 +0000

Hi Frank,
I've used mouse click areas in a couple of my multipage gauges but I've no idea how to assign an action to a keystroke. Once addicted to GoFlight equipment the need to use mouseclicks becomes a source of irritation. Unreasonable but true.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 24/12/2006 16:48:52 GMT Standard Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx writes:

    For a holiday brain teaser, for the .xml masochists amongst us, is it
    possible to allocate a keystroke to an .xml gauge?
    I ask because there's an effective Cargo door press button gauge that
    opens, for instance, the rear cargo doors on the EMB170. It does the
    same thing with the luggage compartment doors on the Tobagos. It
    would
    be neat to be able to open these from a spare Goflight button, as
    can be
    done with the main aircraft exits, by using GFConfig to assign a
    button
    to Shift + E.

    Gerry Winskill

Hi Gerry,
I know how to watch for and act on a mouse click, but I don't know how to monitor for key strokes, I think most of these are used by FS anyway. For mouse clicks, you have to define an area of the gauge which is "live", and then define the required action when the mouse is clicked. So for example if you have a radio gauge with a standby button, you define the button area as "hot", and when the mouse click is processed you swap the live and standby frequencies. Not sure if this is any use to you. Frank T.