[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Garmin

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 21:08:57 -0000

Yes - we are talking at cross purposes here.

The key assignments in FS are fixed in so far as the numerous actions go.
All the user can do is change the keypress for each action. This is now't to
do with XML - it's all in the basic FS setup. Creating a keypress or GF
switch for tailhook or canopy open won't do anything if the aircraft hasn't
been designed to use these functions. OTOH making a switch to raise and
lower the water rudders would work on the Tiger floatplane because I
designed this into the aircraft.

All you need to do in this case is map a switch in FSUIPC to trigger the
SHIFT E function. If it can't do this I guess you could always remap the
doors opening to another key that you never use - like J or K.