[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Garmin

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 15:25:09 EST

In a message dated 24/12/2006 19:45:18 GMT Standard Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

Hi  Frank,
I've used mouse click areas in a couple of my multipage gauges but  I've
no idea how to assign an action to a keystroke. Once addicted to
GoFlight equipment the need to use mouseclicks becomes a source of
irritation. Unreasonable but true.

Gerry  Winskill

Gerry,

I guess because FS uses most of the keys itself, MS just set up the SDK to
use mouse clicks. I seem to recall using a GET in MSBasic to intercept key
presses, you could probably use a block of machine code to do the same job with

FS, but I expect this would effictively do no more than re-assign a key stroke
 which you can do in FS anyway of course.

Frank T.