[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX First Update

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:24:12 +0000

I don't know that it would be as simple as Mally coming to the rescue.
The most glaring omission has to be Beta testing of the type we performed, on Mally's scenery. They still really need it for any patches they issue. If they stick with whatever Beta test crew and methods they originally used, then I wouldn't be confident of the outcome.

I've found it difficult to refrain from being frank about my reaction to the state of something I've paid £70 for. The one person who, on the Forum, has expressed views similar to my own has been obliquely attacked, by another punter, for being unreasonably critical. The defence view that we should expect bugs is one I can't share. Nor can I see how it's possible to lay the main problems at MS's door. After all, the responsibillity for compatibillity must rest with the author of third party addons.

BTW I found that introducing the mipmapbias=6 line produced unacceptable twinkling. I've reduced the value to the 4 used in FS9 and the twinkling has gone. Don't know whether definition is better, though.

I downloaded the UK2000 patch for FSX but don't think I'll go through the hassle of installing it, since the buildings etc will still not be acceptable.

Who said it was meant to be fun, anyway?

Gerry Winskill

Kev Townsend wrote:

I knew there could be no good to come of this product, having short-circuited Mally...

I wouldn't be surprised if he himself came to the rescue ;-)

Good Luck

Kev T