[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Effect?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:27:49 +0100

AAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right. This morning it refuses to boot up. Switch on and it makes a brief trip to the DVD drive, then nothing else at all. Pushing the reset button gets it to do only the same. So does switching off the power and starting again. Any rescue ideas gratefully received. Am I right in thinking the most likely candidate is the PSU?

Gerry Winskill

Paul Reynolds wrote:
Shh, don't say it out loud!  These things have ears you know, they like to
let you think you're in control when it's them subjugating you to their
will.  If it thinks you're getting what you want it'll seek to remind you
who's boss and we all know what that means - BSOD/CTD or worse, I'll not go
there!

OK, so I need to lay off watching the sci-fi channel.
Seriously though, has your defrag recognised you always load certain files
so finally sorted them to load together?  Either that or instead of shutting
down you went into standby and therefore only had to wake the machine again?