[jhb_airlines] FSX Effect?

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:25:26 +0100

I've got two machines, this one and the FSX machine. There's quite a difference in the times the two setups take to shut down, On this one it's done and dusted in seconds, whereas the FSX machine can take about a minute. That's having first shut down FSX of course.

Having done something daft earlier, the FSX machine had to be rebooted. Having been dragged away to look at New Tricks, well the well upholstered blond, I didn't fire up FSX. When I shut the system down, just now, it was virtually instantaneous.

Is there something about FSX that ties up resources even after it's been closed?