[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Directory Structure

  • From: "Alex - Reheat.org" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:01:49 +0100

Well... I didn't believe they'd have the balls to do it - but they did.

"Airplanes"

Just doing some circuits at shoreham...can't fathom it out. Definitely needs a major PC upgrade next year though. Current specs:

Pentium 4 3.2Ghz Hyper Threaded
1024mb Dual Channel DDR
256mb nVidia 6600GT
External Sound

It simply can't cope!

Alex

Alex - Reheat.org wrote:
Frank,

Im currently a very nervous lad. I'm just installing FSX (I was standing outside the shop as it opened, sad I know) all over one very important point which I'm hoping you can answer:

Does it say Aircraft, or "Airplanes"? (ugh)

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 15/10/2006 09:52:16 GMT Daylight Time, FrankTurley@xxxxxxx writes:
As I recall, the FSX demo structure went FSX>SimObjects>Aircraft>[Aircraft files]

My live FSX has FSX>SimObjects>[Aircraft, Boats, Whales etc.]

Seems to be one less level, SimObjects will get very crowded with add-on aircraft.

Frank T.
Sorry, that's rubbish, I was looking in the Docs & Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX directory to find fsx.CFG, and forgot where I was!

Frank T.