[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:40:57 EDT

In a message dated 19/08/2006 15:48:19 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx
writes:

Another trick with FS2004 (I don't know if  it works with FSX) is to put your
XML and bitmap files in a sub folder of  Gauges. So, for your home made dials
you would create a folder called FTDials  and lop the whole lot in it.

Now the interesting bit - FS treats a sub  folder in the same way it does a
CAB file. Therefore, in your Panel.cfg file,  you type the same data for each
gauge but the value before the ! sign now  refers to your gauge folder rather
than a CAB file. For example:

Gauge15=FTDials!Percolator,   227,628,79,80

The above line would work equally well for  a gauge called Percolator.XML
that was either in

a) a CAB file called  FTDials.CAB

b) a Gauges/FTDials sub folder (not a CAB  in sight).

Oh dear, I didn't know that. By sheer coincidence I put all my working XML
files in a folder within the 2004 gauges file called Digital, and I called my
CAB file Digital.CAB. I'm assuming it'll read the gauges from the CAB file
rather than the sub-folder, but I'd better rename it just in case!

Frank T.