[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 15:48:18 +0100

Another trick with FS2004 (I don't know if it works with FSX) is to put your
XML and bitmap files in a sub folder of Gauges. So, for your home made dials
you would create a folder called FTDials and lop the whole lot in it.

Now the interesting bit - FS treats a sub folder in the same way it does a
CAB file. Therefore, in your Panel.cfg file, you type the same data for each
gauge but the value before the ! sign now refers to your gauge folder rather
than a CAB file. For example:

Gauge15=FTDials!Percolator,  227,628,79,80

The above line would work equally well for a gauge called Percolator.XML
that was either in

a) a CAB file called FTDials.CAB

b) a Gauges/FTDials sub folder (not a CAB in sight).