[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 03:39:10 EDT

Hi Bones and Alex,

Thank you for your pointers to XML tutorials, I'll certainly by doing some
digging.

One thing I forgot in the excitement of getting the digital compass to  work.
Bones mentioned that using .CAB files has the advantage of keeping your
gauges file looking tidier. I was going to say that I guess a corollary of this

is faster load times. My FS2004 gauge directory has 3,824 files, so I am
guessing the system will take less time to load one CAB file than  finding say
50
GAU files from the 3,824 total. That way one CAB file for  each aircraft makes
sense, and although there may be gauge duplication the XML  files are not huge.

Frank T.