[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 12:58:34 +0100

Hi Frank,
I went down that route last year but haven't made a gauge for some time now.
One download I found useful, as did Bones, was a concet plane, with futuristic digital panel. I'm just downloading it again, having lost it at some stage. The panel is for FS2002 but is all .xml gauges, so works well in FS9. We both found it an invaluable source of ideas as to what data is available, for .xml gauge displaying. Opening the various gauges gives you the lines to use, to summon up data that's available within FS9.
The download, from Avsim, is c25.zip

Hope it's of use.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Bones,
I tried an old .GAU file in FSX and the program detected it as ancient and ignored it, so I need to build some XML replacements.
I read your gauge tutorial, but it doesn't seem to cover what I am after, sorry it was a bit over my head!
What I'd like is a series of digital gauges - airspeed, altitude, compass heading, trim settings, wind speed/direction - that I can use in the mini panel, so that my view can be as unhindered as possible. I understand that I need to build a .CAB file which contains a series of .XML files, so the gauges are invoked in the panel.cfg file by gaugexx=digitalgauges!airspeed, x, y, l, h.
I am sure that somewhere you had an FS variable list which included these values. All I need is this plus a skeleton .XML file which I can edit to include the appropriate variable for each gauge. Any ideas on the way forward please?
I also need help on how to construct a .CAB fiile please.
Frank T.