[jhb_airlines] FSX Demo

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:28:35 EDT

Hi Bones,

I tried an old .GAU file in FSX and the program detected it as ancient and
ignored it, so I need to build some XML replacements.

I read your gauge tutorial, but it doesn't seem to cover what I am after,
sorry it was a bit over my head!

What I'd like is a series of digital gauges - airspeed, altitude, compass
heading, trim settings, wind speed/direction - that I can use in the mini
panel, so that my view can be as unhindered as possible. I understand that I
need
to build a .CAB file which contains a series of .XML files, so the gauges  are
invoked in the panel.cfg file by gaugexx=digitalgauges!airspeed, x, y, l,  h.

I am sure that somewhere you had an FS variable list which included these
values. All I need is this plus a skeleton .XML file which I can edit to
include
 the appropriate variable for each gauge. Any ideas on the way forward
please?

I also need help on how to construct a .CAB fiile please.

Frank T.