[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: "franklyn fisher" <ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:02:33 +0100

Bones

24fps is usually quoted for Multiplayer flying, this is because of the huge amount of data flowing around the system, with systems like Vatsim and FPI, it is not such a problem, there is a lot of bandwidth. FSHost has a finate bandwidth.

I am running FS9 maxed, and have FSNav, ActiveSky, Utimate night and Ground, plus FSGlobal and assorted addon aircraft and scenery.

My system is an AMD 3200/64, 1meg ram and ATI 9600Pro AGP.
I also have a dual monitor system, which uses the two video ports on the card.

Locking down to 25-30 fps does smooth it out.

Thinking of putting in a mobile disk rack and then can set up a new disk with Vista and FSX and nothing else. (still waiting for the email from MS re registration key and download link, I have the FSX download, but reluctant to install alongside FS9, after readinjg all your emails).