[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:01:16 +0100

Whilst looking through Howard's pages I spotted a name that had slipped, recently, from my grey Cells. Ro Chaffin, artist and panel designer, is back on the scene after a serious illness. He's Roy of RCS Panel Factory, quite a bit of who's wotk I've used in the past.

Anyway, to the point. His comments on pre FSX pre release videos etc is that, in trying to pre sell a product, it's about the worst promotional material he's come across. He thinks the product will be better.

Worse though is his experience Beta testing Vista. The OS itself is making his system too slow. He's had to upgrade his graphics card, just to cope with Vista! He also comments that its inbuilt security system seems to challenge most things he tries to do.

Looks like being a rosy but expensive future.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Another feature that is significantly better than FS9 is Scenery Library access. It looks as though it's possible to add a scenery, then use it, without having to close and reboot FSX. A big help for scenery design work; just like FS2002.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Now, for something I think is a step forward. I think the rain on runway and taxiway is excellent!
I also like the snow BUT how does it stick on the runway but not on the surrounding grass?
The weird effects as the aircraft is touching down, in rain, are probably limited to the Demo version.

So I'm not really a GOM. No. that straining credibillity too far.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/08/2006 20:53:50 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx writes:

    The easiest way is to look at the CAB files in Explorer as this
    will show the contents.

Thanks, that's useful. Previously I'd grabbed this from exploring panel.cfg files, having found the gauge in a panel I had.
Frank T.