[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:52:58 +0100

Although I haven't looked too closely it looks as though the flight dynamics might have been upgraded. The Baron's handling has more feel to it. There's a buouancy that isn't in FS9. Instead of sitting spot on the selected alt hold value it floats slightly around it. A bit of sideways movement, too. So in FSX the air might just have become a fluid....
Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Another feature that is significantly better than FS9 is Scenery Library access. It looks as though it's possible to add a scenery, then use it, without having to close and reboot FSX. A big help for scenery design work; just like FS2002.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Now, for something I think is a step forward. I think the rain on runway and taxiway is excellent!
I also like the snow BUT how does it stick on the runway but not on the surrounding grass?
The weird effects as the aircraft is touching down, in rain, are probably limited to the Demo version.

So I'm not really a GOM. No. that straining credibillity too far.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/08/2006 20:53:50 GMT Daylight Time, bones@xxxxxxx writes:

    The easiest way is to look at the CAB files in Explorer as this
    will show the contents.

Thanks, that's useful. Previously I'd grabbed this from exploring panel.cfg files, having found the gauge in a panel I had.
Frank T.