[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:34:36 +0100

One of the big problems with FS is that there are no longer any major
hurdles to overcome. By FS2004 we had excellent scenery capability and some
seriously impressive aircraft (in looks and functionality). Add the ambient
lighting and the core of the simulation is very, very good. Coupled with the
brilliant add on FS2004 is getting close to perfect.

Future releases (like FSX) can't really introduce any major upgrade, just
improvements to what id already in the core of FS2004. No doubt aircraft
will look a bit better, scenery might become a tad more realistic and the
new effects like rain reflection will give a more immersive experience. MS
haven't got anything really groundbreaking to announce for FSX - which is
why they have had to hype up the twiddling a lot.