[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: FrankTurley@xxxxxxx
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 15:28:40 EDT

In a message dated 13/08/2006 20:21:34 GMT Daylight Time, gwinsk@xxxxxxx
writes:

What I  find difficult to accept is that this is the first of a number of
Beta  demos whch will lead to the debugged finished product. If they are
sticking to their, much delayed, October launch date then they have less
than 80 days to do the whole job. That seems a bit  optimistic.

Gerry,

I suspect that October will prove to be a tad optimistic. I don't envy  them,
trying to work on a product while the operating system it is supposed to  be
designed to run on is still in a fluid state. An analogy would be trying to
build a house while the foundations are still being laid. I suspect a wise move
 would be to wait for Vista to settle down, then wait for FSX to settle down,
as  in the meantime the cost of the hardware required is likely to fall.

Frank T.