[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 20:20:54 +0100

What I find difficult to accept is that this is the first of a number of Beta demos whch will lead to the debugged finished product. If they are sticking to their, much delayed, October launch date then they have less than 80 days to do the whole job. That seems a bit optimistic.

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 13/08/2006 19:55:50 GMT Daylight Time, ff006c5886@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    I think I will wait 6 months or more for the dust to settle before
    thinking
    of buying it, by all accounts, it will not be worth the money.

Frank,
The opinions seemed to be mixed at the moment. I find it difficult to judge, based on a demo with a lot of the features missing, a limited area to fly in, and running on not so quick harware and not the OS it was designed for. Perhaps MS will give us another demo further down the track, when more of the complete package is available.
Frank T.