[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:53:14 +0100

The easiest way is to look at the CAB files in Explorer as this will show
the contents. If you like a specific gauge in any FS2004 aircraft just copy
the CAB file over to FSX and add the gauge to the cfg file. Syntax is Gauge
Number, CAB file, XML file - the latter two without the extension.

Example is if you like the default C182's VOR dial. The appropriate line
would be something like:

gauge06=Cessna!VOR1,455,87

This will look in the Cessna.cab file for an XML file called VOR1.xml.

The advantage here is that you can use any FS2004 CAB files and build up
your own 2D or mini panel with your own choice of gauges.