[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:58:41 +0100

Done it, with fiendish cunning. I've placed an X at the front of the name of the Demo folder. When I double click on my FS9 situation I'm asked what to open it with and select FS9.exe.
To start the Demo I have to go to its file and click on the .exe file.
Cunning these Chinesis.

Enough excitement for one day.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

Any suggestions as to how I can stop FSX hijacking my FS9'S Saved Situations. I'm used to being able to get a fast bootup by clicking on a situation where I have a light aircraft parked at Belfast City. When I click now it tries to start there but in FSX. How can it do that and how can I spon it?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

My past has caught up with me. A second instal stops with the message it needs XP SP2. Is that the XP upgrade I shied away from installing because people were experiencing problems?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I've downloaded and run the installation programme and rebooted. No ikon to be seen. How do I find and run the demo?

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

Downloaded and installed, some differences -
No 2D Panel, its all VC
When in Spot View, hold down the number keys to move around the view point. Also in VC mode, hold down the + or - keys to zoom.
Control+S doesn't give you the top down view, which I often use on the ground to navigate taxiways.
Seems to be time limited, I managed a circuit in the Baron, rather extended as I got lost and resorted to using the map view from the world menu, and got back on the ground. I was experimenting with the views, then got a time expired message.
Worth the download time, also allow another 20 minutes or so for installation.
Frank T.