[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:57:24 +0100

To be fair XML gauges were supposed to be the norm with FS2004 but as this
was backward compatible with FS2002 designers just kept bunging out GAU
files. It has only been in the last year that I looked at XML seriously and
remade the Tiger Panel - and am still playing with the Aztec rebuild.

XML gauges are mostly contained in a CAB file which collects the XML and
bitmaps into one nice package. Some designers don't have a CAB creator so
you might also spot individual XML files in your Gauges folder together with
a sprinkling of "loose" bitmaps. These would almost be impossible to sort
out and port over to FSX.