[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:45:46 +0100

I agree. At first glance the Carribean Autogen looks a bit better. It's not significantly better, though, than some of the third party FS9 additions for that area. Most disturbing was the impact that so little detailed scenery had on framerates. On those settings, in FS9, I'd have been seeing 70 to 100 fps. In the Demo I'm getting an average of 13 !

Panels are an 'orrible disappointment. The Baron's is a straight lift from FS9, from FS2002. The CRJ200's 2D panel is pathetic. If I'd downloaded it with a freeware third part addon I'd be off looking around for a replacement.

Add to that the fact that gauges don't seem to be backwards compatible and the FS9 Hangar becomes redundant.

I'll look at it a bit more but I'm getting horribly reluctant to fork out 70 quid on what I've seen so far.