[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:47:31 +0100

My past has caught up with me. A second instal stops with the message it needs XP SP2. Is that the XP upgrade I shied away from installing because people were experiencing problems?

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I've downloaded and run the installation programme and rebooted. No ikon to be seen. How do I find and run the demo?

Gerry Winskill

FrankTurley@xxxxxxx wrote:

Downloaded and installed, some differences -
No 2D Panel, its all VC
When in Spot View, hold down the number keys to move around the view point. Also in VC mode, hold down the + or - keys to zoom.
Control+S doesn't give you the top down view, which I often use on the ground to navigate taxiways.
Seems to be time limited, I managed a circuit in the Baron, rather extended as I got lost and resorted to using the map view from the world menu, and got back on the ground. I was experimenting with the views, then got a time expired message.
Worth the download time, also allow another 20 minutes or so for installation.
Frank T.