[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Demo

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 19:36:12 +0100

Cancel the trim problem. With the Baron in the frame and Avionics popped up, it had loaded both aircraft with Autopilot Alt Hold selected.....

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

I've just laboriously copied all the gauges for my APM20 from FS9 to FSX. On loading the aircraft it provoked a whole series of messages, for individual gauges, stating they were FS98 or earlier. Most were FS9. With the aircraft on screen most of the gauges were missing. The few originating from Cessna were present.
Next I found the yoke had little influence on elevator position and trimming proved difficult. All was revealed after I'd loaded the Baron. Wind back the trim to max up, leave go and it spins merrilly around until it's at max down trim. What gives?

Yep - copy the whole Spitfire folder into the SimObjects/Airplanes (yuk!) folder and the CAB gauges into Gauges. To have a picture appear in your aircraft listing you need a screenshot of the aircraft of 256 x 128 pixels, saved as thumbnail.jpg and copied to the aircraft's Texture folder. No great worry if you haven't but you just get a blank box.