[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Crispyness

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:31:48 +0000

I don't keep them in the gauge folder either. I make small changes, depending on the aircraft they are aimed at. So, each one features the ac name in its title and is kept in that aircraft's Panel folder. In turn that allows me to keep some of my aircraft in my "FSX Hangar", so that there is no memory impact at all from their gauges.

If I remember....

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
That is the opposite argument of course, but The way I work, I keep my
home made gauges in a Gauge Design folder system, and put them in each of
the relevant aircraft I fly as required - the "master version" always
stays in the Gauge Design folder system.

In the case of my Tiger Moth P-type compass mod (the Microsoft one works
in the wrong sense) that meant I had to copy the gauge to a whole 3
aircraft.  Not exactly a big job.

I only fly about 9 different aircraft in total.

Peter

*From:* "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:44:51 -0000

Peter,

If you play with gauge design, the last thing you need is n copies of a gauge to modify, putting them in the gauge folder means only one has to be updated.

Frank T.