[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Crispyness

  • From: "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:44:51 -0000

Peter,

If you play with gauge design, the last thing you need is n copies of a gauge to modify, putting them in the gauge folder means only one has to be updated.

Frank T.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*From:* Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
*To:* jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
*Date:* Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:32:01 +0000

I think SP1 eliminated one major problem. With the original version
a startup in, say California, would still result in the hefty UK
photoscenery being loaded as well.
In one are I think they've tried to reduce memory load. That's with
aircraft panels, where they have avoided putting all gauge files in
the Root Gauges folder, leaving them in each aircraft's Panel
folder instead. There are a few exceptions to this but not many.

 From the time it takes to load the Aircraft Menu, I've a feeling
they haven't applied the principle uniformly.