[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Crispyness

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:51:16 +0000

Peter, is this using a mod to the FSX.cfg file? If so, what line have you entered and have you avoided the crashes that some users mention? I understand that's caused by insufficient memory being reserved for XP.

Gerry Winskill

Peter Dodds wrote:
XP can access about 3.5Gb of memory apparently.  I have 4Gb installed.
Coupled with a Q4 processor and 768Mb Graphics card, my new PC runs FSX
like s*** off a shovel! Also, it loads in about a minute. I haven't seen
performance like it in years.  Some Cix members are speccing up a machine
which would eat mine for breakfast, but it costs £1,500.  Not sure I see
the point in that (for now).

On Sunday, after 3 months parallel running, it moved into No.1 slot in
the Network. The big bonus is that everything else runs lightning fast
too, including crucially Word to pdf conversion, which i do a lot of.

Peter

*From:* "Frank Turley" <frank.turley1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
*To:* <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Date:* Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:04:17 -0000