[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Again

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 18:39:05 +0000

They don't. Possibly need excludes.

Gerry Winskill

I've set out to see how the Irish airstrips look in FSX.
Having left a hillariously unrealistic Cork, who's autumn texture owe more to Las Vegas than Eire, I'm struck by a couple of things.

FSX's Default ground textures, where they've bothered to inser them, really are significantly better than FS9's. Trees and houses that is, not towns. Next I'm pleasantly surprised to be getting 25fps, across open country. Iknow that will fall as I begin to land but lower fps seem to be more tolerable than in FS9.

One jarring effect is the Autogen. Although acceptable in appearance, it pops up, to increase what's currently in view, in the foreground. It does this on a rolling basis. I've got AG set at Very Dense.

If the airstrips are OK I'll check on the IFSD's scenery.