[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Addons

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:52:50 -0000

Find the normal cruising speed of the CRJ900 and set it up at this at FL350
or thereabouts. Once it has settled down go outside and view it from the
side. If there is any appreciable pitch attitude (it should be level) then
the dynamics are wrong. If the pitch is fine but the inside viewpoint is
still upwards then the eyepoint is wrong.

MS got this wrong on an earlier version of the sim by referencing eyepoint
to the wing instead of fuselage - forgetting that the wing has a nominal 4
degree angle of incidence. Some designers got round this by zeroing the
incidence - which then made the aircraft fly even more nose high - instead
of giving the eyepoint a negative value.

There is no aircraft in the world in which the pilot cannot see the runway
when set up correctly on the approach. For an FS aircraft to do this means
something is amiss.