[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Addons

  • From: "Bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 03:10:31 -0000

As lift varies with the square of the speed AoA shouldn't alter
significantly over a relatively small speed range such as when on final
approach. The CRJ900 is small winged so it probably has a high AoA anyway -
but this shouldn't develop to silly levels.

Flaps make far more difference and should bring the nose down a lot. If the
AoA remains excessive with full flap down then something isn't quite right.
Either the flap's lift factor isn't high enough or the wing lift is too low
in the first place.

There are lots of shots of landing CRJ900's on airliners.net - I can't say
the AoA looked really bad on any of them. I'll have another look though.