[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX Addons

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 19:27:35 +0000

Putting prejudice on one side, the CRJ900 is worth trying. A bit overpowered but that's easy to change. The only down side is the high angle of attack, at speed on the ILS. Big pitch changes as speed is varied. I guess it comes with the rearward wing config but has anyone travelled in the real thing and been aware of this?

Off to try to find one for FS9.

Gerry Winskill

Gerry Winskill wrote:

It seems to be low on the learning curve that some FSX addons designers find themselves. Just tried a Posky A333. Don't ask me why, I never learn and can't remember the last of their offerings that looked and worked OK. Off the ground and it soon became apparent that, though using the Default A321 panel, the autopilok wasn't behaving. Selecting Heading Hold produced just a wing leveller effect. All heading changes had to be flown manually. Just thirty DME from Wallasey and FSX did a phone home exit. I'm convinced some aircraft designers just look at the exterior appearance and don't fly the things.

Off to try their CRJ900. This man's a fool! But it's this or listen to exclamations about Come Dancing.