[jhb_airlines] Re: FSX

  • From: "Peter Dodds" <pdodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb_airlines@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:01 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

>I've had drives last five years and
> others
> that only lasted a week but, generally, I don't keep them for more
> than two
> years.
>
> bones

Blimey!  I have never had a HD failure in over 20 years - but then I tend
to replace my PCs every 3-4 years. The oldest PC I am currently running
(but only for the odd experiment nowadays) is 6 years old.  However I am
paranoid about backups and always have 2 mirrored PCs plus 2 others with
the same but older data, plus CDds and floppies going way back.

My customers sometimes phone me "Have you still got that job you did for
us in 1999? We are looking for a file called xxxxx.yyy" "Certainly - I'll
email it to you later today".

I'm getting a minor reputation. <g>